Tuesday 27 August 2013

Looking Fabulous on the Go - Girl in Menswear's Style Journey with the Abbie Bag

Girl in Menswear's Sophia Marinho de Lemos travels in style with our brand new Abbie bag for aw13. 

When the charming team over at Fiorelli asked me if I’d like to take part in the #FiorelliHandpicked campaign I was keen as bean, however the last month or so has been pretty busy with trips to Connecticut, New York and a relocation to Stockholm just in time for Stockholm Fashion Week. As a consequence I was concerned about time, and how I would fit in shooting the bag into my uncharacteristically hectic schedule. However, the team at Fiorelli came up with quite the solution for me, they arranged for me to be kitted out with the Abbie bag.

In their words “travelling…doesn’t have to leave you short on style. The Abbie bag will keep you looking fabulous on your journey”. Brilliant. No need for styling and shooting a handbag, they had found me a functional accessory that I could fit all my travel essentials within that was chic too.

Always keen to look “fabulous” when travelling, I thought I would put my new-found travelling companion to the test. As I normally wear a mixture of menswear and womenswear (I am Girl in Menswear after all) I was looking forward to teaming my feminine partner in crime with my menswear staples, and this is how I got on.


CONNECTICUT
My friends were throwing a New England wedding on the coast and invited me, my boyfriend and Abbie to join them for their celebration. Here I am at the Rehearsal Dinner, an informal barbecue on the beach with music, games and fun times had. 



NEW YORK CITY
It’s fair to say that New York stole my heart. I fell pretty hard for this city and Abbie was with me the whole way. She joined me on strolls through Soho, cocktails in the Meatpacking District, cycling in Brooklyn and delicious cuisine in the East Village. Large enough to fit my guidebook, map, camera, wallet and all my other bits and bobs she was my city break buddy throughout.


STOCKHOLM
The capital of Scandinavia and home to forward-thinking fashion and design, no one does chic like the Swedes. A city of tall, beautiful blondes sporting ultra-chic clothing one has to step up to the mark when visiting this breathtakingly beautiful city. Me, my menswear and Abbie are only at the beginning of this particular adventure but I think you will agree we’re doing all right so far!




Twitter/Instagram: @girlinmenswear
Pinterest/Facebook: .../girlinmenswear

No comments:

Post a Comment